CPSA Professional Selling Workshop
Become your customers’ business partner and optimize the penetration and profitability of your key accounts.
In today's highly competitive and ever-changing marketplace, buyers expect more from you - information, expertise and professionalism. They demand value not only in your product and services, but in your relationship with them as well.
All selling roles have common elements. You are required to: face people who say no; plan how to reach your goals; balance your own interests with those of your customers; influence people to be successful; and communicate effectively to make customers recognize the value of your products.
The Canadian Professional Sales Association's (CPSA) Professional Selling workshop prepares you to succeed in all of these areas and others.
Key Course Benefits:
- Understand the principles of consultative selling
- Identify and develop the traits necessary for sales success
- Maintain and manage an effective prospecting funnel
- Overcome client objections such as price and close more sales
- Direct the outcome of a negotiation
Module #1 – Introduction to Professional Selling
- Understanding how Selling has Changed over the Years and What’s to Come
- Defining Consultative Selling
- Understanding Consultative Selling Principles
- Case Study – Extra-brands
- Defining the Five Keys to Sales Success
- Understand the Importance of building a Personal Professional Development Plan
Module #2 - Understanding and Managing Yourself: Personality traits for Sales Success
- Recognizing that personality styles impact outcomes
- Learning the four traits for sales effectiveness
- Managing your attitude: key to high performance selling
- Understanding the psychology of selling – Compliance Principles
- Developing stress-relief strategies
Module #3 - Understanding and Managing Yourself: Personality traits for Sales Success
- Recognizing that attitude affects everything in your life
- Identifying methodologies for maintaining a positive outlook
- Understanding and Managing the Different Types of Stress
- Developing effective Time Management Processes
- Establishing what your time is worth
Module #4 – Building Your Business Strategy
- Developing a superior goal-orientation attitude. The S.M.A.R.T. model for developing goals
- Establishing criteria for an in-depth Competitive Analysis of your Territory and Key Accounts
- Generating a comprehensive strategy for profit maximization
- Mastering high-value tools for effective prospecting: steps to effective new business creation and five critical prospecting rules
- Setting profitable goals, conducting a competitive analysis, and calculating sales Returns on Time Investment (R.O.T.I.)
- Mastering key steps to effective account/territory planning and Planning using the Planning Pyramid: relationship between sales plans, territory plans, and account plans
Module #5 – Consultative Selling
- Developing an effective prospecting script to secure appointments
- Learning to apply the consultative selling process to gain a commitment to proceed to a full presentation
- Learning how to prepare and deliver a sales presentation: styles, components, and identification with your audience
- Managing client meetings: principles of face-to-face selling, keys to rapport building, questioning, benefit selling, objection handling, and closing
Module #6 – Securing the Business
- Understanding the different Presentation Types
- Developing Systems for Ensuring Effective Presentations
- Learning how to Negotiate Effectively
- Conducting Win / Win Negotiations
Date: May 28-30, 2018
Location: Venn Centre, 201-735 Main Street Moncton, NB E1C 1E5
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm each day
Facilitator: Paul Watts, Base Over Apex
Investment: $575 + HST, includes workbook and lunch each day. Regular price of session: $2,295*
Registration Deadline: May 14, 2018
Session will be capped at 30 participants.
IMPORTANT: Before the course begins, participants are required to complete the pre-work self-study.
After the training, participants may be eligible to challenge the CSP examination to earn their Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation (additional cost).
*This training is open to Small and Medium Sized businesses in New Brunswick and is made possible through the support of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA). The usual cost of this training through the CPSA is $2,295 for Professional Selling, however, through ACOA's support this training is being offered at to eligible businesses at discounted rates to stimulate business growth in the region.